Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Evaluating Yourself in Speaking to Youth

Here is a Talk Evaluation Sheet for delivering talks to youth.

This is a helpful, structured way of getting feedback on a talk you are giving. Especially if you speak to Youth once a semester or more, feedback can be helpful in your overall development as a speaker.

How I have used this: I give one to a junior high boy, a junior high girl, a high school boy, a high school girl, and an adult leader or two before my talk and ask them if they would be willing to fill it out during and after my talk (and to be honest in their feedback). Getting the forms back afterward and reading through them has really helped me in developing my own skills in speaking to Youth.

And I have learned to not take it personally if the Talk Evaluation Sheet comes back to me with doodling on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment